12 Gingerbread Houses Nicer Than Your Actual Home
You probably hung up the cake icing tubes and gumdrops back in third grade, but some people are still very much in the gingerbread house game. All those extra years of candy sculpting have clearly paid off, as you can see from these daring works of gingerbread genius.
Date Night: Paragon, Berkeley
Located inside the landmark Claremont Hotel Club & Spa, this upscale gastropub features delicious eats, such as bacon prawns and fried calamari steak strips, as well as scrumptious hand-shaken specialty cocktails (Fennel Collins, anyone?).
Gingerbread Houses Go Gargantuan
Most cookies and brownies and snickerdoodles tend to be of the respectable, palm-sized variety. Sure, theme parks'll bake up the occasional plate-shaped batch of cookies, but, overall, treats stay on the tinier end of the food-girth scale.
Cuisine Noir - Dining Out for the Holidays at the Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
AThe historic Claremont Hotel Club & Spa, located in Berkeley, Calif., is truly known for its luxury accommodations and services and exquisite fare. With three distinctly different restaurants onsite, each caters to different palates and moods.
CNN Travel - Cyber Monday serves up travel deals
Hate to stand in long lines on Black Friday? After getting your fill of Thanksgiving turkey, go online instead. Cyber Monday, December 2, isn't just for toys and electronics. You can also find great travel deals you can book as gifts for the intrepid jetsetter on your list, or for your wanderlust self.
Hotel Chatter - The Ultimate Guide to Black Friday and Cyber Monday Hotel Deals
They're baaaaack! Once again, we've compiled a master list of Black Friday and Cyber Monday hotel deals for you crazy bargain hunters out there.
CBS SF Bay Area - Best Hotel Bars In The East Bay
For memorable hobnobbery or the simple pleasures of hanging out in a hotel bar that has pizzazz and all that jazz, the following places in the East Bay are sure to be hits with whoever you want to spend time with. Take your friends to these hot spots, or even meet up with a favorite co-worker for a couple of shots. Make the occasion fabulous with an overnight stay, or just pop in for a zin. Either way, these hotel bars are a sure bet when you want to check out some of East Bay’s greatest hangouts.
A Girl's Gotta Spa - 3 DIY Spa Treatments to Brighten Skin
As cooler weather arrives and brings dry skin in need of a little boost, these easy do-it-yourself at home spa treatments from Director of Spa Operations at The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa, Stacey Parks,will brighten up your winter days and make you feel fantastic for the holidays and to start your new year!
Oh! Travelissima - Visit: OAKLAND
When my husband Johnny Jet and I decided to visit Oakland recently, I wasn’t sure what to expect. Sure, I knew of its proximity to San Francisco (one of my favourite cities!), but beyond that, I was curious to discover what would draw visitors to Oakland. As I quickly learned, this city has a lot more to offer than I’d thought and we had a fun-filled weekend there.
Happenings - Spa
Spa Claremont at the Claremont Hotel, Club & Spa in Berkeley, CA, is launching coffee-infused skin care treatments using Malie Organics products to hydrate and replenish skin.
NBC Bay Area - Dance (and Dance and Dance) at The Claremont
Two hours of dance, led by some great instructors? It'll be a snap. The Claremont Dance-a-thon swings into Berkeley and helps raise funds for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation on Friday, Nov. 22
KTVU - Chef Scott Quinn's Pumpkin Pancakes
Chef Scott Quinn, who works at the Meritage Restaurant at the Claremont Hotel Club & Spa, celebrates this festive time of year by preparing his famous pumpkin pancakes. These extra fluffy pancakes are cooked until they are golden brown and topped off with sweet bourbon syrup and a tangy cranberry ginger compote.
Global Traveler - Better Than A Cup Of Joe: San Francisco’s Claremont Hotel Offers A Coffee-Inspired Spa Treatment
A former Gold Rush-era castle, California’s Claremont Hotel rises above San Francisco Bay like a romantic, towering shadow from the past. While a recent renovation has upped the interior luxury quota, the charm remains intact, and no two of the 279 guestrooms are alike. Outside, there’s tennis and swimming, with nearby Tilden Park Golf Course and boating at Berkeley Marina.
SF Gate - Mâlie Organics brings serenity to the skin
Dana Roberts took a waste-not, want-not approach when she developed the Malie Organics antiaging skin care line made from coffee fruit, the red skin and sweet pulp of coffee left behind after the beans are removed.
- msn Voyage - Pourquoi pas un road trip en Californie?
- Zagat - Claremont Hotel Hosts Angel's Envy Smokin' BBQ
- Travel Agent Central - The Babymoon Boom
- Travel Weekly - Claremont Hotel package promises "Furr-iendly" treatment for dogs
- Diablo Magazine - Claremont Hotel and Spa is hosting another BBQ and Bourbon
- San Jose Mercury News - East Bay food and wine events: Sept.12 to 22
- San Ramon Express - Chow down at Angel's Envy Smokin' Barbecue
- Santa Barbara Independent - Berkeley Bound
- San Jose Mercury News - Cocktail Battle: BUILD Pizzeria's ultimate Tom Collins
- Forbes - Checking In With Four-Legged Family: Five Luxurious Hotels For Pet Owners
- NapaValleyRegister.com - Tequila aficionados invited to Claremont pool party
- 7x7SF - Foodie Agenda: Patriotic Parties, Tequila Tastings and More
- Bay Area News Group - East Bay food and wine events
- newbeauty.com: Pampering and Playtime: The Best Spas for Parents and Their Kids
- Diablo Magazine: Celebrate Mother’s Day
- New Beauty - Pampering and Playtime: The Best Spas for Parents and Their Kids
- About.com - Spa Deals For Moms in May
- CEO Magazine - Food for Thoughts
- Recommend.com - Three Ways to Experience Claremont Hotel
- Trekatoo - Mother's Day Fun in the San Francisco Bay Area - 2013
- Luxury Travel Advisor - The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa Offers A Trio Of Spring Packages
- Berkeleyside - Chef Scott Quinn takes flight at Meritage
- BBC - Sip and Savour California
- Huffington Post -Oakland: The Sunny Side Of The Street
- Red Tricycle - 9 Extraordinary Earth Day Celebrations
- California Meetings + Events - Feel-Good Meetings
- NapaValleyRegister.com - Berkeley festival pairs great food and wine
- Westchester Guardian - Preserving the Past
- The Claremont Hotel and Spa approved as a 2013 TAG Partner
- 7x7SF: Foodie Agenda: Easter Sunday Edition
- Diablo Magazine: We Love the Nightlife: Beer Explosion | view pdf
- Claremont Hotel - Dining with Scott Quinn
- Prevue Magazine: Seafood Watch Events
- Diablo Magazine: Diablo Dish - March
- Diablo Magazine: Weekly Dish - Wine it Up
- Berkeleyside: Bites - What’s new on the East Bay food scene, XIV | view pdf
- Jaunt, an online publication focusing on the travel industry
- Jetset Extra: Meritage at the Claremont
- Events To Circle On Your March Travel Calendar
- Zagat.com – Two Month Berkeley Wine Festival Begins
- Examiner.com–Get a blissful buzz on with spring wine therapies at Claremont Spa
- ArtandEntertainMe – Meritage at the Claremont Combines Merit and Heritage in Food, Wine and Hospitality
- The Claremont Hotel Club and Spa hosts Berkeley Wine Festival
- Carole Terwilliger Meyers posted Meritage coverage on Weekend Adventures
- Valentine’s Day at the Spa—Treatments for Couples or Just for You!
- Wine Luxury: Carefree at the Claremont Hotel
- Hotel Interactive (UMV 9,607)
- Paragon's Restaurant Week involvement was also called out in this examiner piece which recommends the dinner be turned into a weekend escape
- The Claremont was one of only three Restaurant Week participants mentioned in an SF Gate/Oakland North article highlighting the Oakland food industry